Thursday, July 5, 2012

Recent Adventures

I was in the Bay Area recently and managed to get a "shot" of The City:




I say "shot" because this is actually a ten-element panorama, with each element comprising seven timed exposures of varying lengths.  This image is a composite of seventy individual photographs.  At full size, this image will print 24"X90".



And just to prove that I occassionally shoot during the day:




After a recent trip to Sedona, we came back on US 40 primarily to stop in Amboy, California - which is notable for three things: It resides on old Route 66, has its own crater (of an extinct volcano) and is the home of the now-defunct Roy's Motel and Cafe. I think every photographer in Southern California has made the pilgrimage to Amboy to get a golden-hour shot of this sign with the clear, deep blue sky behind it. However, on the day we were there, it was overcast and starting to rain. But then, as I was shooting an abandoned gas station a few miles from Amboy, a '50 Hudson Commodore in really great condition drove past. We jumped back in the car and headed off toward Roy's, hoping the Hudson had made a stop there.  I got lucky.



No comments:

Post a Comment